Amazon for intrepids
What to expect?
- Navigate mighty Amazon river and tributaries.
- Explore pristine areas loaded with good, free and wild widlife.
- Four days with plenty of activities.
- Watch monkeys,dolphins,hundreds of birds,exotic toucans,colorful macaws in wild where they have to be.
- See the jungle with the best team.
- Highly trained local guides.
- Wake up with calls of animals.
- Great locations to see sloths,dolphins and more animals.
- Healthy population of the most elusive cat; the jaguar.
What to bring?
- Extra batteries
- Travel insurance
- Hiking shoes
- Light clothes; long pants,long T-shirts,socks,sandals.
- Bathing suit
- Sun glases
- Rain gear (for personal items as well)
- Small back pack
What is included?
- Entrance fees to protected areas.
- Licensed official guide
- Boat driver
- Towel in case of swimming
- Drinking bottled water
- First aid kit
- A small backpack with sun lotion and mosquito repellent and a bottled of water to be refilled to avoid plastic wasting.
It is not included:
- Gratuities for staff
- Alcoholic drinks
- Activities not mentioned in the program
This program of 04 days and 03 nights we offer one of the most complete programs in Jungle Reps.
- 8:00am The expedition starts very early from the airport or lodging place. And departure towards the city of Nauta by road.
- 10:00am Arrival in the city of Nauta where our private boat with life vests will be waiting for us to start our journey. We will start navigating the Marañón River, which is one of the largest tributaries of the Amazon River.
- On the trip of about an hour we will have our best views of the Amazon and the Pacaya Samiria national reserve.
- In this trip we will see where the Amazon River takes its shape and size that is at the junction of the Marañón and Ucayali rivers where the gray and pink dolphins will grace this day.
- 12:30pm Arrival at our lodge where our highly trained staff in guest service will welcome you. Delivery of their rooms where they will spend the night. There is also the possibility to spend in tents in places of the jungle surrounded by exuberant flora and fauna. Lunch.
- 3:30pm Exploration by boat to see species of monkeys that can be seen in this part of the Peruvian Amazon. In addition to monkeys we will see many species of exotic birds that are characterized by colorful plumage. Dolphin watching and the possibility of swimming with them.
- 7:00pm Dinner and then night exploration on foot or boat to observe alligators and other species of nocturnal animals.
- 6:00am Exploration at dawn and watch the animal species search for their first morning foods. This hour is characterized by being one of the best for animal sightings.
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Walk in primary jungle to observe the biodiversity of plants that are very useful to the Amazonian man for his medicinal properties and also observation of insects, monkeys, birds and more. Sport fishing for piranhas and other species.
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 3:30pm Exploration to one of the streams that has one of the healthiest populations of sloths, toucans, parrots, macaws.
- 6:30pm Return to the lodge.
- 7:00pm Dinner
- 8:00pm Night excursion by canoe or on foot.
- 7:00am Breakfast.
- 8:00am Exploration to one of the most inhospitable tributaries of the Amazon. It will be an all day excursion. This morning we will depart to Tahuayo river or deeper Yarapa river (depending on water level).
- This river is characterized by having one of the most strange and interesting populations of monkeys in the Amazon. It is also a well-known area for the migration of animals such as tapirs, wild pigs, monkeys that come from remote areas.
- There are few expeditions and investigations that have been developed in this area. Tonight we are going to sleep in a tent in an unforeseen place. It will be a trip that will remain forever in our memory due to the exuberance of the flora and fauna.
- 5:00am Return to our lodge.Exploring on the way back.
- 12:00pm Arrival to our lodge and lunch.
- 1:00pm Return to Nauta and later to Iquitos.
- 4:00 pm Arrival to Nauta.
- 6:30 pm Arrival to Iquitos.
Lukas Zajicek ,Czech Republic
Terms and Conditions
- Jungle Reps reserves the right to cancel the tour or expedition if guests lack of travel insurance.
- When purchasing the tour or expedition, the guest agrees to follow the rules of the areas and exploration zones under the responsibility of peruvian government.
- The guide in charge of the tour or expedition is the company’s representative and is solely responsible for the activities, being able to change a location or program depending on weather conditions, or on some occasions to avoid wildlife disturbance.
- The start and departure times of the tour may vary for different reasons such as: flight changes, weather, protests, strikes, these being considered out of the responsibility of the company and safeguarding the integrity of all those who participate in the tour or expedition.
- Cancellations and delays of flights could cause an extra charge for transfer issues since it is not the responsibility of the company Jungle Reps but of the airline on duty.
Leave us a note and we will get back to you for a free consultation