Best of the Amazon in a single day
What to expect?
- See where the mighty Amazon river forms
- Swimming and observation with pink and gray dolphins observation
- Jungle walk to see wildlife
- Watch monkeys
- Short jungle walk
- Picnic lunch
- Canoeing in a typical dug-out boat
- Giant lillies
- Picnic lunch
What to bring?
- Travel insurance
- Hiking shoes
- Light clothes; long pants,long T-shirts, and socks.
- Bathing suit
- Sun glases
- Rain gear
What is included?
- Picnic lunch
- Licensed official guide
- Boat driver
- Towel in case of swimming
- Drinking bottled water
- First aid kit
- Fruits of season
- Small back pack with: rain poncho,mosquito repellent,sun lotion,flash light,
It is not included:
- Gratuities for staff
- Alcoholic drinks
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Experience a great view of the mighty amazon river in the place where it takes proper name and size.
- Start this short expedition loaded with a lot of sightseeing, information about local culture, how local people travel by road,this is the only road that links Iquitos with somewhere else,a local bilingual guide will explain during this expedition.
- Occasionally we have encounters with boas, turtles, iguanas, monkeys, pacas just crossing the road. Once in Nauta the expedition will switch way of transportation.
- Navigate one of the largest tributaries of the amazon which is named Maranhon river. And then the mighty amazon river. Watch huge trees and pink dolphins, visit a Cocama indigenous people in the village where they live and great chances to see amazon water lilies.
- 08:00 Pick up from hotel or airport
- 10:00 Arrive to Nauta and explore the local market, enjoy watching great variety of fruits seen only in this part of the world,exotic produce from the local farmers.
- 10:15 Navigate Maranhon river in our comfortable and safe boat.
- 11:30 Meet the confluence of Maranhon and Ucayali that forms the Amazon river.Great chances to oberve pink and gray dolphins.
- Explore part of the Pacaya Samiria National reserve with wildlife around such as: monkeys, great of variety of birds.
- 17:30 Return to Iquitos
- 19:00 Arrive to Iquitos-You also could flight back today to Lima.
Terms and Conditions
- Jungle Reps reserves the right to cancel the tour or expedition if guests lack of travel insurance.
- When purchasing the tour or expedition, the guest agrees to follow the rules of the areas and exploration zones under the responsibility of peruvian government.
- The guide in charge of the tour or expedition is the company’s representative and is solely responsible for the activities, being able to change a location or program depending on weather conditions, or on some occasions to avoid wildlife disturbance.
- The start and departure times of the tour may vary for different reasons such as: flight changes, weather, protests, strikes, these being considered out of the responsibility of the company and safeguarding the integrity of all those who participate in the tour or expedition.
- Cancellations and delays of flights could cause an extra charge for transfer issues since it is not the responsibility of the company Jungle Reps but of the airline on duty.
Leave us a note and we will get back to you for a free consultation